The primary function of the Staff Development & Education Department (SD&E) is to coordinate and/or implement the delivery of all mandatory certifications at STHA. In addition, SD&E:
- promotes and implements the delivery of patient and occupational safety programs;
- researches and promotes evidence-based nursing and best practices;
- coordinates educational opportunities for the retention and recruitment of nursing professionals;
- provides general and nursing orientation for all new employees; and,
- provides health professionals with access to current and relevant resource materials.